Ever since being invited to (and attending) the Grammys last year, the number one question we at BentBeat have been asked is “What was it like?” I can’t think of a more difficult question to answer. There’s about fifty answers to that particular query, and none of them get even close to summing up the experience. But if we were to try, we’d say stuff like:
1. Great performances.
2. Amazing production.
3. Great performances.
4. Musical history.
5. Great performances.
6. Better than we imagined.
7. Great performances.
8. No, it’s nothing like on TV.
9. Great performances.
10. Can’t wait to go back.
|No. This was not our vantage point from last year.|
1. Beautiful people.
2. Tight shoes.
3. Beautiful people.
4. Sleep-deprived eye luggage.
5. Beautiful people.
6. Hiding from the red carpet (and its cameras).
7. Beautiful people.
8. Wondering why I didn’t pay a professional to do my hair.
9. Beautiful people.
10. Spanx, Spanx, and more Spanx.
|Need I say more?|
|I don't see where he could have possibly got this from|
Last year I entered the arena with a blissful ignorance that saved me from a few months of self-image self-hatred and self-bashing self-talk that are sure to follow me unless I face the inevitable: This may be “the beginning” but I have to START NOW in order to enjoy the upcoming evening.
|I would feel the need to wear a hat & whip to accept this.|
1. Joined a gym. A boot camp, actually, because that’s what is required to fit into a dress.
2. Budgeted a dress. This part was easy, I just cut out food and eating for the next three months.
3. Began slowly shaving away the outside layer of skin on my foot. I figure if I keep this up until February I can whittle away a good half inch from each foot and actually fit into some shoes.
4. Began watching Groupon for deals on Spanx. Because I’ll need two full sets- one to start the evening, one to change into in the bathroom after I’ve split the first pair trying to get out of the limo.
5. Started looking for a limo.
6. Downloaded “1989” because it just seems necessary to have some knowledge of this album before the inevitable Taylor Swift headbanging party begins. (Nobody likes a live Googler.)
7. Got a cold. Hey, this will help my workout efforts.
8. Traded in all my sweatpants for a spandex body wrap. Don’t know what this is? Look it up. Or don’t. You might have to gouge out your eyes.
9. Started looking for a babysitter. Because two year olds in tuxes may be cute, but Mommy doesn’t want to have to drag him around all night long.
10. Began a playlist of all the artists I can’t wait to see in person. Where else can I do this? I may not breathe the entire night, but only half of that breathlessness will be because of my too-tight dress. The other half will be in awe of the amazing talent and performances I’m surrounded by.
|We hope Taylor's doctor has cleared her from her neck injury.|
The BentBeat Team